AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women
Start your study abroad journey in the United States of America in 2023. Here's another amazing scholarship on offer to international students to pursue their academic studies abroad. Applications for the AAUW International Fellowships are currently open to applicants who are women and have citizenship in a country other than the United States or are permanent residents in the U.S.
The international fellowship program has been in existence since 1917. AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards International Fellowships for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. And who intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career. Furthermore, both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the AAUW International Fellowships in the USA for Women. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the AAUW International Fellowships
Headquartered in Washington DC, USA, the American Association of University Women (AAUW) was officially established by the CEO Kim Churches in 1881. It is a non-profit organization that promotes equality between women and girls through advocacy, education, and research. The organization has a national network of 170,000 members and supporters,1,000 local branches, and 800 college and university partners.
The AAUW International Fellowships were designed to provide Latin American women opportunities to pursue graduate and postgraduate studies in the US. However, the program now offers scholarships to all those women who are not US citizens or permanent residents, to pursue their education in accredited USA universities and colleges.
Moreover, a limited number of awards are available for study outside of the U.S. (excluding the applicant’s home country) to women who are members of Graduate Women International (see the list of GWI affiliates). Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported.
Furthermore, applicants must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by the application deadline and must have applied to their proposed institutions of study by the time of the application. Recipients are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls.
Moreover, here's an overview of the AAUW International Fellowships.
American Association of University Women (AAUW), USA
Accredited U.S. institutions
Masters/ PhD/ Postdoctoral
Field(s) of Study:
Graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions.
$20,000 - $50,000
Number of Awards:
International students (females only)
15th November 2022
Furthermore, the AAUW Fellowship will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions.
- Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000
- Doctoral: $25,000
- Postdoctoral: $50,000
International Fellowship funds are available for:
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship.
Eligibility Requirements for the AAUW International Fellowships
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by 15 November 2022.
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career upon completion of their studies
- Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid TOEFL or IELTS score (TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based Test): 79; TOEFL Essentials: 8.5; Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test: 60; IELTS: 6.5)
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by 15 November 2022, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
- While acceptance is not required at the time of application, fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their award acceptance materials.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by 15 November 2022; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the AAUW International Fellowships.
The application and submission of supporting documents for the AAUW’s International Fellowships are done online. Interested and eligible candidates can start the application process by clicking the Apply Now button to access the application and create an account through the vendor site.
Complete all required components in the following areas:
- Recommendations, Documents & Review
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the scholarship provider.