Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2023/24
Here's another amazing scholarship on offer to international students who are passionate about gaining a quality education in a foreign country and have been dreaming of studying abroad but don't have enough funding. Applications for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship are to international students across the globe to pursue their postgraduate studies abroad.
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship program by the European government offered to international students to pursue their master's degrees at a reputed European university. Furthermore, the scholarship provides coverage for the duration of two years of master's level studies. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships are among the prestigious scholarships in the world distinguished by their academic excellence and by their high level of integration. Moreover, the scholarship is funded by the European Union and aimed at providing educational support for the best students from around the world.
Furthermore, the Erasmus Mundus Program provides EU-funded scholarships for Third Country students and EU/EEA students who have applied to and have been accepted into an eligible program supported by the program. However, it also supports European top-quality Master's Courses and enhances the visibility and attractiveness of European higher education in third countries.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters are delivered by multiple higher education institutions and run across various countries. They are distinguished by their academic excellence and by their high level of integration. Students at master's level from all over the world can apply.
Moreover, here's an overview of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Field(s) of Study:
Eligible master's degree program at a reputed European university
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
For a full list of countries that host the Erasmus Mundus program, click here.
The Erasmus Scholarship recipients will be provided with the following inclusions:
- Waived tuition fees
- A stipend of 1,100 to 1,200 euros a month for 24 months
- Travel allowance
- International airfare tickets to travel from one country to another once the semester is over
- No bond restriction to return to your study destination
Eligibility Requirements for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
- Scholarship students must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognized equivalent level of learning according to national rules and legislation in place by the application deadline. That means that scholarship applicants must hold a higher education degree by January 2023 to start the program in 2023.
- Students who have already obtained an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD) scholarship or are former Erasmus Mundus Master/Doctoral Course scholarship holders are not eligible for an additional scholarship under the EMJMD action. Students benefiting from an EMJMD scholarship cannot benefit from another EU grant while pursuing their EMJMD studies.
- The list of countries whose nationals are eligible for a scholarship is presented here. A differentiation between program country students and partner country students is applied. No more than 25% of the total number of scholarships available will be awarded to program country students.
- The monthly subsistence allowance is not given to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for the EMJMD periods exceeding three months (indicatively the equivalent of 15ECTS credits) spent in any Partner Country.
- Students from partner countries who have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the program countries (EU + Turkey, Macedonia, Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland) will be considered program country applicants according to the 12-months rule.
- Moreover, for any given academic year, student candidates can apply for a maximum of three different joint programs supported by the Erasmus Mundus scholarships.
However, a full and timely application is required for any application to be considered.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Application procedures and entry requirement compliance (eligibility) tests are managed by the services of the participating University. Visit the Erasmus Mundus website. Then, scroll down to the Erasmus Mundus catalog. Each program will display the name of the program and its location.
Then, you are advised to contact the consortium directly (by clicking on the button titled “contact project person”) to further enquire about courses, application procedures, and scholarship availability.
The deadline for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship application may vary according to the program that you apply to, but the last date for application submission is expected to be in March 2023.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the scholarship program.