American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2023 for International Students
Applications for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship are now open to international students from around the globe... Continue reading to learn more about this scholarship program.
The A.U. Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted at high-achieving international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor's Degree in the U.S. and are dedicated to positive civic and social change. It is intended for students who will be to returning home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in their home country.
The American University EGL scholarship covers all billable A.U. expenses (full tuition, room, and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. In this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, from the eligibility requirements to the scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
The A.U. Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity. Bringing together the best of A.U. - academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement - the A.U. Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision. The AU EGL is dedicated to positive civic and social change and will return home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in their home country.
The American University (A.U. or American) is a private, federally chartered research university in Washington, D.C. It was founded in 1893. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 7,953 (fall 2020), a suburban setting, and a campus size is 84 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. American University's ranking in the 2022 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, #79. Its tuition and fees are $51,334.
Moreover, the university is home to eight schools and colleges: the College of Arts & Sciences, Kogod School of Business, School of Education, School of International Service, School of Communication, School of Professional and Extended Studies, School of Public Affairs, and the Washington College of Law. It offers 79 bachelor's degrees, 98 master's degrees, 11 doctoral degrees, 13 law degrees, more than 90 certificate programs for both graduates and undergraduates, and over 100 study abroad programs.
Furthermore, here's an overview of the American University Emerging Global Leaders Scholarship.
American University, Washington DC, United States
Level of Study:
Field(s) of Study:
Any undergraduate study offered at the American University
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
One scholarship is available
The scholarships target international students from any country who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country.
It is renewable for four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Moreover, the A.U. Emerging Global Leaders Scholarship recipients will receive the following inclusions.
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable A.U. expenses (full tuition, room, and board). The scholarship does not cover non-billable costs such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets, and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
Eligibility Requirements for the American University Emerging Global Leaders Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service, and advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above)
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above)
- 33 minimum SAT Reading subscore
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 minimum PTE
- 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above)
- Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher. Each sub-score must be 169 or higher.
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2023.
- Important: Students in the I.B. system should plan to graduate with a full I.B. diploma in at least 3 H.L. subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2023.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, U.S. pending permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2021.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, interested applicants can follow the step-by-step guide below to be eligible to apply for the A.U. Emerging Global Leaders Scholarship.
To apply to the A.U. Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, you must complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by December 15, 2022 (priority deadline) at the latest. AU EGLS applicants must apply for Regular Decision for fall (August) 2022. Do not apply Early Decision (E.D.).
Furthermore, note that the AU EGLS selection process is most competitive. Priority consideration will be given to those AU EGLS applicants who apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common Application, and international admissions document submission process by December 15, 2022.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the American University Emerging Global Leaders Scholarship.