Knight Hennessy Scholars Program 2023 at Stanford University
Start your study abroad journey in 2023. Good news! Here's an amazing scholarship on offer to international who wish to pursue their academic studies abroad. Applications for the Knight Hennessy Scholars program are currently open to interested and eligible students with good academic record who wish to study at Stanford University.
This is a great opportunity for you if you've been dreaming of studying at a top university in the United States with a fully-funded scholarship. Knight Hennesy Scholarship 2023-2024 are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are offered for Masters and Ph.D. studies. Moreover, these scholarships cover full tuition fees, traveling allowance, Living allowance, and academic expenses. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the Knight Hennessy Scholars program. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the Knight Hennessy Scholars Program
Knight-Hennessy Scholars is an international graduate-level scholarship program for study at Stanford University. Established in 2016, the program prepares students to take leadership roles in finding creative solutions to complex global issues. Scholars receive full funding to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford and have additional opportunities for leadership training, mentorship, and experiential learning across multiple disciplines.
Moreover, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University cultivates a diverse, multidisciplinary community of emerging leaders from around the world and guides them to collaborate, innovate, and communicate as they prepare to address the complex challenges facing society. Through the King Global Leadership Program, scholars will broaden knowledge, develop skills, and strengthen character, as scholars will go through community experiences, workshops, meetings with leaders, domestic and global study trips, and personal development opportunities.
Furthermore, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars span all 7 schools at Stanford. Knight-Hennessy Scholars are talented individuals, and they are made up of a multidisciplinary community of scholars. The program offers a platform for purposeful leadership development and empowers you to effect large-scale positive impact in the world.
Moreover, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is inspired by programs such as the Rhodes Scholarship, with a focus on attracting students from a wide range of backgrounds from around the world. In addition to their graduate studies, scholars participate in leadership development programs and immersive study trips and have opportunities for mentorship with thought leaders in business, government, and nonprofit fields.
Furthermore, here's an overview of the Knight Hennessy Scholars program.
Stanford University, USA
Stanford University, USA
Masters and Ph.D.
Field(s) of Study:
Full-time Masters and Ph.D. degrees in any subject offered at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D.) with some exceptions:
- Applicants to the Honors Cooperative Program
- Applicants to the Master of Liberal Arts
- Applicants to the Doctor of Science of Law (JSD)
- Current Stanford students applying for coterminal graduate study
- Current Stanford Ph.D. students adding an MA or MS degree in their current discipline
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Numbers of Awards:
Applicants from all countries – there are no restrictions based on citizenship, age, the field of study, career aspiration, etc.
12th October 2022 (Annual)
Moreover, Stanford University will provide the Knight Hennessy Scholars program recipients with the following inclusions:
Knight Hennessy Scholars receive funding for up to three years for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford. During each of the first 3 years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive:
- a fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- a stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- a travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
Additional funding specific to certain years:
- Newly enrolling scholars receive a one-time relocation stipend intended to offset some of the costs associated with relocation to the area and/or technology purchases
- Scholars in their second and third years may apply for supplemental funds to support academic enrichment activities (e.g., conference travel).
Eligibility Requirements for the Knight Hennessy Scholars Program
Furthermore, interested candidates must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
There are two baseline eligibility requirements.
First, in addition to applying to Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS), you must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program including, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D. programs. You must meet at least one of the following four conditions:
- You are applying separately but concurrently to KHS and a full-time Stanford graduate degree program such that you will start both in the same year.
- You have already been offered and deferred admission to a full-time Stanford graduate degree program, and will apply to KHS such that you will start both in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford graduate student who will apply to add a second full-time Stanford graduate degree program, such that you will start both KHS and the new program in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford Ph.D. student in your first year of enrollment and will apply to KHS such that you will start KHS in your second year of Ph.D. enrollment.
Second, you must have earned, in January 2016 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing. To apply to join the cohort in 2023, you must have earned a bachelor’s degree by January 2016 or later; to apply to join the cohort in 2024, you must have earned a bachelor’s degree by January 2017 or later.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Knight Hennessy Scholars program.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must apply separately and concurrently to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program. The deadline for the Knight Hennesy Program is 12 October 2022, 1:00 pm Pacific Time. The deadline for applications to your Stanford graduate degree program varies by program. You must check your desired program’s website to confirm your program’s application deadline which is usually earlier.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the Knight Hennessy Scholars program.