International Excellence Scholarships 2023 at University of Leeds
Are you interested in studying in the UK in 2023? Here's an excellent opportunity for you if you've been dreaming of studying in the United Kingdom on a scholarship. Applications for the International Excellence Scholarships are currently open to international students who wish to pursue their masters degree studies at the University of Leeds.
This is a partially funded scholarship for postgraduates who wish to further their education in the United Kingdom. Continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program. In this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the International Excellence Scholarships at University of Leeds. From the eligibility requirements to the scholarship benefits, how to apply, and more.
About the International Excellence Scholarships at University of Leeds
The University of Leeds offers up to 50% fee reduction scholarships are available for international students commencing studies in 2023. The International Excellence Scholarships support international students to fulfil their academic potential, and contribute to the social and cultural diversity of the university's student community.
The University of Leeds is a public research university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Established in 1904, the University of Leeds has an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research and is part of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities.
Leeds is one of the largest universities in the country, with 38,000 students currently enrolled from over 170 countries, while its single campus location is spread out over 98 acres just one mile from the busy city centre. Campus facilities include excellent teaching space, four libraries, a state-of-the-art swimming pool and a fitness centre called ‘The Edge’ and ‘stage@leeds’ which is a contemporary performance space.
The University of Leeds offers one of the widest selections of courses available across all UK universities, from English Language and International Foundation Year to hundreds of undergraduate and postgraduate degree options and PhD opportunities. Degrees from the University of Leeds are respected by employers and universities all over the world and alumni can be found in positions of influence across the globe. The University of Leed's acceptance rate is 64% and key University of Leeds rankings include being 86th in the QS World University Rankings 2023.
Furthermore, here's a brief description of the International Excellence Scholarships at University of Leeds.
University of Leeds
University of Leeds, UK
Field(s) of Study:
Eligible postgraduate degrees offered at University of Leeds in the following Schools:
- Arts, Humanities and Cultures
- Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies
- Languages, Cultures and Societies
- Media and Communication
- Philosophy, Religion and History of Science
- Biological Sciences, Medicine and Health
- Biological Sciences
- Education, Social Sciences and Law
- Politics and International Studies
- Sociology and Social Policy
- Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Civil Engineering (excluding Water, Sanitation and Health Engineering)
- Civil Engineering (Water, Sanitation and Health Engineering MSc)
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy
- Transport Studies
- Earth and Environment
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Geography (Geographical Information Systems MSc)
- Geography (Urban Data Science and Analytics MSc)
- Leeds University Business School
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
See the allocation of awards in each school’s webpage
10th March/ 12th May 2023
Moreover, the University of Leeds will provide the International Excellence Scholarships recipients with the following inclusions:
- Up to 50% fee reduction scholarships are available for international students commencing studies in 2023.
Eligibility Requirements for the International Excellence Scholarships
Interested students must meed the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarsip program.
To be considered for the scholarship you must:
- be classified as an International student for fee purposes
- have applied for 2023/2024 entry for a Masters programme included in the eligible courses section
- be a self-funding student
- demonstrate an excellent academic track record, and be predicted to achieve or have achieved a Bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) or equivalent
- show excellent professional and personal skills evidenced through work experience and/or extracurricular activities
- demonstrate the potential to contribute to the social and cultural diversity of our Masters programmes and student community.
See the specific eligiblity requirements listed at the website of each faculty/school.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the International Excellence Scholarships.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must have applied for 2023/2024 entry for a Masters programme included in the eligible courses section in the school’s webpage. Application for the scholarships are done online using the link found in each school’s webpage. Deadline is 10 March 2023 (stage 1) and 12 May 2023 (stage 2).
Successful applicants who apply by the application deadline for a particular stage will receive a response on or before the decision deadline, and must respond by the acceptance deadline. Applicants who apply by the application deadline and do not receive a response by the decision deadline should assume they have not been successful and should not submit another application.
Application deadlines do not apply to Leeds University Business School International Excellence Scholarships.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the International Excellence Scholarships.