UCL Global Masters Scholarships for International Students
Good news! Here's another amazing opportunity to your dream of pursuing your academic studies in the United Kingdom. Application for the UCL Global Masters Scholarships are currently open to international students who wish to study in the UK.
Your ability to pursue your dreams of studying abroad is fueled by scholarships. The scholarship is a form of financial aid or support given to students to help them with a variety of charges, such as tuition, health insurance, living expenses, travel, and monthly bills. Several colleges and universities around the world provide these scholarships. One of the most prominent universities in the UK, University College London, provides students with a variety of scholarships. UCL Global Masters Scholarship is one such scholarship.
The UCL Global Masters Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from lower income backgrounds to pursue full-time Master’s degree studies at UCL. Continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
In this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the UCL Global Masters Scholarships. From the eligibility requirements to the scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the UCL Global Masters Scholarships
The aim of UCL Global Masters Scholarships is to enable and encourage international students who hail from a financially weak background to pursue a full-time master’s degree at UCL. The scholarship is a support for students to complete their higher education.
Meanwhile, here are the key features of the UCL Global Masters Scholarship:
- The scholarship worth is £15,000
- This scholarship is viable for a year unless the master’s programme is for 2 years, in that case, it will be paid 50% for each year
- The UCL Global Masters scholarship can be availed with other scholarships, awards, studentships, and bursaries. The value of the reward of this scholarship will be adjusted depending on the value of the funds that the student has availed
- The student must update the Student Funding Office of the university immediately in case they are receiving any other funding towards their UCL master’s degree programme before or along with the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded
- First, the students can utilise the scholarship amount towards their tuition fees. Then, the remaining amount shall be paid in instalments (three), towards maintenance, throughout the academic year.
Furthermore, here's a brief description of the UCL Global Masters Scholarships.
University College London
University College London, UK
Field(s) of Study:
Postgraduate Taught Masters Degree Programme in any subject offered at the University. Distance-learning programmes are not eligible for this scholarship.
Number of Awards:
Up to 75 scholarships are available in 2023/24
International students from low income background
27 Apr 2023 (annual)
Recipients of the UCL Global Masters Scholarships will be provided with the following inclusions:
The scholarship is worth £15,000 and is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2yrs in length. In that case the scholarship will be paid 50% in each year.
Eligibility Requirements for the UCL Global Masters Scholarships
Applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the scholarshisp program:
- candidate must be from other countries than the UK
- candidate must be eligible to pay for the overseas fee rates
- candidate must have submitted an admission application to pursue a master’s programme at UCL for the year 2023-24
How to Apply
Interested candidates can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the UCL Global Masters Scholarships.
You need to have submitted an admission application to UCL in order to apply for the scholarship. While you do not need to have received an offer of admission to be eligible for this scholarship, you will need to have had your fee status confirmed by UCL Admissions.
Aplications must be submitted through an online application form before 5pm BST, Thursday 27 April 2023.
The following are the steps to apply for this scholarship:
- Log in to the university Portico (portal) with the normal details
- Click the ‘view’ button for the active application you wish to apply for the scholarship
- On the application screen page, click on funding at the top of the menu page
- To find out your eligibility to apply for the funds, select ‘funds available and click on ‘check and apply’
- Click on the scholarship name you wish to apply for
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and how to apply for the scholarship program.