KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries
Are you interested in studying abroad in 2023? Here's an amazing opportunity for international students who wish to study in Germany on a scholarship. Applications for the KAAD Scholarships are currently open to outstanding applicants who are willing to enroll in a masters or PhD degree study program in Germany.
A large number of German KAAD Scholarships 2023-2024 are now available by organization of the Catholic Church Katholischer Akademischer Auslander-Dienst for local and international students interested to study for free in Germany. If you wish to attend a German university for free during the 2023 academic year, I suggest you take into account this German fully-funded scholarship for your higher education.
Application process for KAAD German scholarships 2024 is simple, online, and free of charge so it is super easy to check your eligibility criteria and then submit an application online for a KAAD German Scholarship 2024. Continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
In this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries
The Katholischer Akademischer Ausländer-Dienst (KAAD), (in English, Catholic Academic Exchange Service) is inviting applications from outstanding applicants who are willing to enrol in a masters or PhD degree study programme in Germany. This scholarship is a fully funded opportunity and highly competitive.
The KAAD scholarships are addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany. KAAD is the scholarship institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from (developing) countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Near and Middle East, as well as Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
KAAD is working with partner countries in the regions mentioned below to provide scholarship opportunities to citizens who are interested in research. There are so-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications are channelled via them. Applications from other countries can be considered only in exceptional cases.
Furthermore, here's an overview of the KAAD Scholarships.
German Universities and Higher Education Institutions
Masters/ PhD Degree
Field(s) of Study:
There is no specific subject-preference. However, the selection board has often given preference to courses and subjects that they felt to be of significance for the home country of the applicant.
Number of Awards:
Citizens of selected developing or emerging countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America. There is a preference for Catholic applicants.
15th January/ 30th June (annual)
Moreover, KAAD will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions
- Covers tuition fees for the entire duration of the postgraduate program.
- Provides a monthly living allowance adjusted based on the cost of living.
- Includes a travel allowance to cover transportation to and from Germany.
- Offers a German language course before the start of the program.
- Provides health insurance coverage.
- Offers opportunities to participate in academic and cultural events.
Eligibility Requirements for the KAAD Scholarships
Applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Applicants must come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- Applicants must have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- Are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- Applicants must possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
How to Apply
Interested applicants can follow the step-by-step guide below o apply for the KAAD Scholarships.
Applications are submitted online through the online application portal. Please follow instructions on the page to fill and submit the form as appropriate.
KAAD is working with focus- and partner countries in your region. There are so-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications are channelled through them. Visit the web page relevant to you for region-specific eligibility requirements and application procedures.
Applications for the September selection need to be complete by 30th of June. Applications for the March selection need to be complete by 15th of January.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries.