DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) Scholarships 2024 in Germany
Are you interested in studying abroad with scholarship? Good news! Applications are now being accepted for the 2023/2024, 2024/2025 scholarships awards for the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) open to candidates from developing countries to study in Germany.
DAAD EPOS Scholarships are awarded to foreign students from developing and newly industrialised countries to study for Masters or PhD degree in Germany. Continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program. This article will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) scholarships. The eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and more.
About the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/ PhD) in Germany.
Furthermore, here's an overview of the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Postgraduate (Master’s/ PhD) degree
Field(s) of Study:
Masters or PhD courses in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies.
- List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines 2023/24.
- List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines 2024/25.
See the scholarship benefits section below for details.
Number of Awards:
Inernational students from eligible countries
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Masters and 42 months for PhD.
Aug-Oct 2023 (annual)
Moreover, the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) Scholarships recipients will be provided with the following inclusions.
The scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
Furthermore, under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family.
Eligibility Requirements for the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) Scholarships
Applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The typical scholarship holder:
- Is currently working either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
- For courses in English: Proof of adequate language skills, according to the regulations of the respective courses
How to Apply
Interested applicants can follow the instructions below to apply for the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) Scholarships.
Applications must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2023.
It is important to read the FAQs and the 2024/2025 brochure and visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and how to apply for the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) Scholarships.