Coldplay has introduced a six-month global tour taking region next 12 months, which they promise may be as “sustainable as viable”.
The band’s “Music Of The Spheres” stadium shows can be powered with rechargeable batteries fuelled through renewable sources.
Their ambition is to make their live shows more environmentally friendly and to have one of the greenest tours in records.
When is the Coldplay 2022 excursion?
Coldplay’s tour lasts from March till September, with stadium shows in Europe and across North and South America.
There are 4 dates inside the UK in August, with 3 performances at Wembley Stadium (Friday twelfth, Saturday 13th, and Tuesday sixteenth) before a night time at Glasgow’s Hampden Park Stadium on Tuesday twenty third.
H.E.R will provide help for three of the times, with London Grammar performing on the very last London display – the 2 acts are acting at the general public of the suggests all through the tour.
Coldplay 2022 tour dates – in full
- 18: San Jose, Costa Rica – Estadio Nacional
- 22: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic – Estadio Olímpico
- 25: Monterrey, Mexico – Estadio BBVA
- 29: Guadalajara, Mexico – Estadio Akron
- 3: Mexico City, Mexico – Foro Sol
- 23: Santa Clara, CA, USA – Levi’s Stadium
- 26: Los Angeles, CA, USA – SoFi Stadium
- 3: Phoenix, AZ, USA – State Farm Stadium
- 6: Dallas, TX, USA – Cotton Bowl Stadium
- 8: Houston, TX, USA – NRG Stadium
- 28: Chicago, IL, USA – Soldier Field
- 1: Washington, DC, USA – FedExField
- 4: East Rutherford, NJ, USA – Metlife Stadium
- 8: Philadelphia, PA, USA – Lincoln Financial Field
- 11: Atlanta, GA, USA – Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- 14: Tampa, FL, USA – Raymond James Stadium
- 2: Frankfurt, Germany – Deutsche Bank Park
- 3: Frankfurt, Germany – Deutsche Bank Park
- 8: Warsaw, Poland – PGE Narodowy
- 10: Berlin, Germany – Olympiastadion Berlin
- 12: Berlin, Germany – Olympiastadion Berlin
- 16: Paris, France – Stade de France
- 17: Paris, France – Stade de France
- 5: Brussels, Belgium – King Baudouin Stadium
- 6: Brussels, Belgium – King Baudouin Stadium
- 12: London, UK – Wembley Stadium
- 13: London, UK – Wembley Stadium
- 16: London, UK – Wembley Stadium
- 23: Glasgow, UK – Hampden Park Stadium
- 10: Rio De Janeiro, Brazil – Rock in Rio Festival
How to get tickets for the Coldplay 2022 excursion
Fans who pre-order the band’s upcoming album Music of the Spheres earlier than its release on Friday 15 October from the professional website here may be given priority get right of entry to UK tickets.
Tickets for those shows will then go on widespread sale from Friday 22 October, available from right here and here.
If you’re inside the US, you may check-in for a Ticketmaster pre-sale right here until the evening of Sunday 17 October (9.00 pm ET).
How will the Coldplay excursion be ‘sustainable’?
The band wrote on Twitter: “Playing stay and finding connection with humans is in the end why we exist as a band.
“We’ve been planning this excursion for years, and we’re terrifically excited to play songs from throughout our complete time together. At the identical time, we’re very aware that the planet is going through a climate crisis.
“So we’ve spent the remaining years consulting with environmental experts to make this tour as sustainable as viable, and, just as importantly, to harness the excursion’s capacity to push matters forward.
“We gained get the whole lot proper, but we’re committed to doing the entirety we are able to and sharing what we research.”
Frontman Chris Martin said in 2019 that they might no longer launch a globe-trotting excursion for their preceding album Everyday Life due to environmental issues.
This time their international tour will be supported by using a “show battery”, provided by means of BMW, for you to be recharged the use of solar strength and mills powered by means of hydrotreated vegetable oil.
Fans may also be able to generate energy for the live performance through a kinetic stadium ground and power motorcycles.
Martin said: “We’re proud to companion with BMW to create the arena’s first tourable, rechargeable display battery – which will permit us to energy our concerts almost completely from smooth, renewable strength.”
These alternatives will replace the standard diesel and petrol mills so that you can lessen the carbon footprint of the concerts.